Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Meadow fishery trip 13th November

Our next trip is Meadow fishery at Mickle Trafford near Chester, http://www.meadowfishery.com/ see website for directions but basically its just off the M56 East bound, junction 14 for Helsby Hill services but turn 1st left on the roundabout, (A517 towards Helsby). After about 1.5 miles take a sharp right at the lights where the road forks onto the A56, (Warrington road), towards Mickle Trafford/ Chester. Follow the road for about 3mls and the fishery is on the right, ( the sign is not that easy to spot so look carefully once your into Helsby village. Shrewsbury Arms Pub is on the opposite side of the road as a marker.

The fishery has a very good shop that sells everything from clothing, tackle, tying materials, rods, reels and even rod building kits etc! I have only fished Meadow fishery once before and fished two of the three lakes. Nymphs pulled back slow turned out to be the key on the day. I have not fished the big lake yet so I'm looking forward to another visit.

Please let me know if you are going to fish on the day so I can get an idea of who's coming along. I suggest that we meet up at 10am in the car park. There are limited catering facilities available in the shop including a hot drinks machine snacks etc. Best bet for breakfast I recon is Helsby Hill services I'll be in there till about 09:30 sipping a Mocha in Costa coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment